This ancient sanctuary was built in the 4th century BCE to not only be a theatre with symmetry and beauty but also one of the most brilliant centers of healing in the ancient world. Due to its excellent acoustics and condition, the ancient theater is still used to host major musical events, especially during the annual Epidaurus Festival or Hellenic Festival. Over the years famous and iconic artists have performed such as Maria Callas, Ralf Fines and more, giving life to roles from ancient drama or comedy of Sophocles, Euripides, and Aeschylus, or opera works or Shakespeare. Your TrueTrips guide will enhance your experience and provide an in depth presentation of how the sanctuary worked in ancient times and how it is still in use today.
- Round-trip transportation from / to your hotel.
- Certified English speaking guide.
- All entrance fees & taxes.
- Personal expenses during tour (drinks or food).
- Tips for guide and driver (non-compulsory).