1. Favorite Traditional Greek Food: Moussaka
Where To Try This: Athens, Greece
What's In It: This delicious oven-baked dish is a combination of fried sliced eggplant, layered with tomato and minced meat sauce, flavored with onion, garlic and cinnamon, and then topped with a layer of incredible béchamel sauce and grated cheese.
2. Favorite Traditional Croatian Food: Peka
Where To Try This: Korcula, Croatia
What's In It: Lamb, veal, or octopus combined with a medley of colorful vegetables and then cooked in an open fireplace.
3. Favorite Traditional French Food: Escargots
Where To Try This: Paris, France
What's In It: A mouthwatering French delicacy of specially bred land snails cooked in a garlic, butter, parsley and wine sauce.
4. Favorite Traditional Italian Food: Spaghetti Carbonara
Where To Try This: Rome, Italy
What's In It: A traditional pasta dish prepared with eggs, diced pancetta and parmesan cheese, topped with freshly ground black pepper.
5. Favorite Traditional Maltese Food: Bragioli
Where To Try This: Valletta, Malta
What's In It: A traditional Maltese dish made of thin slices of beef wrapped around ground beef and stewed in a delicious sauce.
6. Favorite Traditional Portuguese Food: Caldo Verde
Where To Try This: Lisbon, Portugal
What's In It: A simple yet delicious warm soup made only with potatoes, sausages, kale and garlic.
7. Favorite Traditional Spanish Food: Paella
Where To Try This: Barcelona, Spain
What's In It: A traditional rice dish with chicken and seafood, cooked with vegetables, olive oil, saffron, and spices.